What is silicone sponge cord?
Over the years, Silicone Engineering has developed new capabilities and extended the range of silicone sponge cord solutions, for a product suited to almost any application. With cord being available in almost all silicone formulations, Europe's leading silicone sponge cord manufacturer will provide you with the silicone solution you need.
Our specialised silicone sponge extrusion lines allow us to achieve excellent physical properties including extremely low water absorption (<1%) preventing water, and dust ingress. This is possible due to a uniformed closed cell structure.
The sponge cord has outstanding sealing properties due to its high compression force deflection (CFD), however we have the capabilities and material formulations to cater for low CFD if the application requires it.
Silicone Cord Applications
Silicone sponge and foam cord can be used in a wide range of applications due to its high temperature durability, variable densities and sizes. For example:
- High temperature sealing
- Door / oven seals
- Packaging and food processing machinery seals
- General sealing across industries
Silicone Sponge Cord Availability
- 2mm up to 50mm diameter
- Densities from 200kg/m³ (soft) to 530 kg/m³ (firm)
- Excellent Ozone, UV and weathering resistance
- Closed Cell
- Thermally stable over a wide range of temperatures (-60°C to 230°C)
- Available in white, riox, grey and black (as standard)