Silicone Sponge for Rail Interiors
kSil™V-0 is a closed cell, lightweight silicone sponge/foam that has been specially formulated for the rail interior applications:
Approved and compliant to European fire safety specifications, it is the complete silicone material, combining low smoke, low toxicity compliance to EN 45545-2, flame resistance to UL94v-0 and low compression set allowing for excellent sealing properties and extreme temperature resistance.
kSil™V-0 Features & Benefits
- EN45545-2 Compliant (HL3): Low smoke, low toxicity
- UL94V-0 Approved: Flame resistant
- Extreme Temperature Resistance: -60°C to +230°C (-76°F to 446°F)
- Low Compression Set: Maintains excellent seal integrity
- Closed Cell Sponge: Prevents water, dust and moisture ingress to IP67
- Wide Range of Thickness: 2mm - 45mm (1/16 - 2”)
- Wide Range of Densities: 150kg/m³ to 600kg/m³
- Available in extrusions: expanSil™V-0
- Available in solid sheeting: kSil™LCH EN
Specialist in Silicone Materials for Rail Applications
kSil™ silicone sponge sheeting materials provide high performance sealing and dampening for rail interior applications.
Approved and specified to rail industry standards such as EN 45545-2, BS 6853 Category 1 and NF F-16-101 I2 F0, they are formulated and designed to withstand extreme temperature and environment stresses whilst improving passenger safety by meeting fire and smoke safety approvals.
kSil™V-0 Sheeting Dimensions
|Density (kg/m³)||Thickness (T)||Width (W)||Length (L)|
|Super Soft (150)||3mm - 45mm||1.0m||5m|
|Soft (220)||2mm - 35mm||1.0m||5m|
|Soft/Medium (300)||2mm - 30mm||1.0m||5m|
|Medium (390)||2mm - 25mm||1.0m||5m|
|Medium/Firm (450)||2mm - 20mm||1.0m||5m|
|Firm (600)||2mm - 15mm||1.0m||5m|