Silicone Sponge for Mass Transit Interiors
kSil™V-0 is a closed cell, lightweight silicone sponge that has been specially formulated for mass transit interior applications:
Electronic Enclosure Seals
HVAC Seals & Gaskets
Approved and compliant to European EN 45545-2 and American ASTM E662 & E162 fire and smoke safety specifications, it is the complete silicone material. With low smoke, low toxicity compliance, flame resistance to UL94v-0 and low compression set allowing for excellent sealing properties, kSil™V-0 is our most versatile solution yet.
kSil™V-0 Features & Benefits
- EN45545-2 (HL3): European Flame and Smoke Standard
- ASTM E662, E162 & C1166: American Flame and Smoke Standard
- Bombardier SMP 800C: Toxic Gas Generation Specification
- UL94V-0 Approved: International Flame Resistance Standard
- Extreme Temperature Resistance: -60°C to +230°C (-76°F to 446°F)
- Low Compression Set: Maintains excellent seal integrity
- Excellent Sealing Capability: IP67
- Closed Cell Sponge: Prevents water, dust and moisture ingress.
- Wide Range of Thickness: 2mm - 45mm (1/16 - 2”)
- Wide Range of Densities: 150kg/m³ to 600kg/m³
- Available in extrusions: expanSil™V-0
- Available in solid sheeting and extrusion: kSil™V-0 70
Specialist in Silicone Materials for Rail Applications
kSil™ silicone sponge sheeting materials provide high performance sealing and dampening for rail interior applications.
Approved and specified to rail industry standards such as ASTM E662, E162, European EN 45545-2, BS 6853 Category 1 and NF F-16-101 I2 F0, they are formulated and designed to withstand extreme temperature and environment stresses whilst improving passenger safety by meeting fire and smoke safety approvals.
kSil™V-0 Sheeting Dimensions
|Density (kg/m³)||Thickness (T)||Width (W)||Length (L)|
|Super Soft (150)||3mm - 45mm||1.0m||5m|
|Soft (220)||2mm - 35mm||1.0m||5m|
|Soft/Medium (300)||2mm - 30mm||1.0m||5m|
|Medium (390)||2mm - 25mm||1.0m||5m|
|Medium/Firm (450)||2mm - 20mm||1.0m||5m|
|Firm (600)||2mm - 15mm||1.0m||5m|