Silicone Sponge for Mass Transit Interiors
kSil™V-0 is a closed cell, lightweight silicone sponge that has been specially formulated for mass transit interior applications:
Electronic Enclosure Seals
HVAC Seals & Gaskets
Approved and compliant to European EN 45545-2 and American ASTM E662 & E162 fire and smoke safety specifications, it is the complete silicone material. With low smoke, low toxicity compliance, flame resistance to UL94v-0 and low compression set allowing for excellent sealing properties, kSil™V-0 is our most versatile solution yet.
kSil™V-0 Features & Benefits
- EN45545-2 (HL3): European Flame and Smoke Standard
- ASTM E662, E162 & C1166: American Flame and Smoke Standard
- Bombardier SMP 800C: Toxic Gas Generation Specification
- UL94V-0 Approved: International Flame Resistance Standard
- Extreme Temperature Resistance: -60°C to +230°C (-76°F to 446°F)
- Low Compression Set: Maintains excellent seal integrity
- Excellent Sealing Capability: IP67
- Closed Cell Sponge: Prevents water, dust and moisture ingress.
- Wide Range of Thickness: 2mm - 45mm (1/16 - 2”)
- Wide Range of Densities: 150kg/m³ to 600kg/m³
- Available in extrusions: expanSil™V-0
- Available in solid sheeting and extrusion: kSil™V-0 70
Specialist in Silicone Materials for Rail Applications
kSil™ silicone sponge sheeting materials provide high performance sealing and dampening for rail interior applications.
Approved and specified to rail industry standards such as ASTM E662, E162, European EN 45545-2, BS 6853 Category 1 and NF F-16-101 I2 F0, they are formulated and designed to withstand extreme temperature and environment stresses whilst improving passenger safety by meeting fire and smoke safety approvals.
Silicone EV car batteries seals
Thanks to significant advances in technology, more automotive manufacturers than ever before are recognising the many benefits that come hand in hand with EV car batteries, especially when it comes to optimising longevity, durability and performance.
Some of the main advantages of using kSil™V-0 silicone sponge for EV battery seals are its excellent sealing performance and high temperature resistance.
With high-performance sealing properties, extreme temperature resistance and ability to prevent water, moisture and dust ingress, it’s no surprise that engineers choose kSil™V-0 silicone electric car batteries seals.
If you require any further information about silicone EV car battery seals, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
kSil™V-0 Sheeting Dimensions
|Density (kg/m³)||Thickness (T)||Width (W)||Length (L)|
|Super Soft (150)||3mm - 45mm||1.0m||5m|
|Soft (220)||2mm - 35mm||1.0m||5m|
|Soft/Medium (300)||2mm - 30mm||1.0m||5m|
|Medium (390)||2mm - 25mm||1.0m||5m|
|Medium/Firm (450)||2mm - 20mm||1.0m||5m|
|Firm (600)||2mm - 15mm||1.0m||5m|